MailMachinePRO Forums
Old 11-10-2011, 05:07 PM

Default not receiving bounce messages

Our impoverished nonprofit has been using Mailmachine and we love it! We have v3.991.

The problem is that I am not receiving any bounce messages. With 800+ address, I know some of them are bad. I've tried changing the admin return address in the configs, but nothing I've tried has gotten any bounce messages. I do occasionally get an out-of-office reply though. I've double checked that the server file permissions for MM and its files are all correct.

Any suggestions? We'd really like to know the true number of our subscribers and get the bad addresses taken out.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Hi Jenm,

Unfortunately, we no longer provide support for MailMachine. Please see the sticky thread regarding support at the top of the forum. If you want to track bounces I would suggest using MailMachinePRO. We do offer a 20% discount for non-profits.

Best Regards,
Mike
Old 11-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin_mike View Post
Hi Jenm,

Unfortunately, we no longer provide support for MailMachine. Please see the sticky thread regarding support at the top of the forum. If you want to track bounces I would suggest using MailMachinePRO. We do offer a 20% discount for non-profits.

Best Regards,
Mike
Thank you for replying. I certainly understand that there is no support. Just hoping that another user might have a suggestion.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:21 PM

As it turns out, our ISP has configured the shared host so that it doesn't allow bounced messages (unusable Return-path). Evidently, this is intentional on their part. Annoying!